The Second International Conference on Innovation in High Performance Sailing...[more]
The well known Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium (CSYS) will take place for the 19th time in March...[more]
YRU-Kiel recently signed a contract with a south German company on the development of an...[more]
YRU-Kiel has written a couple of Technical White Papers as in-depth information for engineers and scientists working for the professional sail sport comunity.
<b>Currently the following TWPs are available:</b>
- RANSE Investigation of Spinnakers including Fluid Structure Interaction
- SeaSail – A Numerical Method for the Determination of Added
Resistance of Sailing Yachts in Seaways
- The Twist Flow Wind Tunnel for the Investigation of Yacht Sails
- RANSE investigation of sailing yacht appendages
- RANSE Investigation of fully appended yacht hulls including Free Surface
and Dynamic Trim and Sinkage
YRU-Kiel's Technical White Papers (TWP) are summaries of flow investigation methods, which have been developed for the analysis and optimization of sailing yachts. They are written for the professional, who wants to evaluate, if the described
method can help him to do his work. The scope of the paper is on practical application rather than scientific background. Our Technical White Papers are not intended to be available for the public. If you are a professional in the field of sailing yacht technology and want to consider to make use of the know how and resources of the YRU-Kiel, do not hesitate to contact us.